Chairman’s Opening Remarks
- Talked about our Try-Dive with Aspire
- Discussed our attempts to forge links with FUSION about publicising the club
- Also discussed that when emails come out to the membership that it would be useful to get some kind of response even if it is a no, just to know that people have got the email
Diving Officers Report
- Talked about last year’s dive schedule
- Joint dives with DAGSAC and noted that there are 2 joint dives at Brighton carried over from last year
- There is also a deposit from the cancelled Dover dive that still needs to be refunded to us
- We’re diving some different dive sites this year, Shoreham, Salcombe, Swanage training weekends
Training Officers Report
- It’s been a good year with plenty of training going on both lectures and practicals
- TO reminded all trainees that if lectures and practicals are arranged for them then they need to attend or at least let people know if they are not coming
- The training schedule will be set up within the next couple of weeks and the training records will be available on the internet so that members and instructors can check the lectures and practicals they require
- The club have also been quite lucky with instructors helping out with training and hope this will continue for the next year
Membership Secretary Report
- Club are now approaching 44 members, 30+ active divers which means that we are doing well but need to keep up the momentum
- Due to the increase in member numbers we need to be a lot better at look after members data and as such on all club related emails from now on only the committee email addresses will be shown and all others hidden. This is to safeguard your information and also should cut down on the number of one word emails that bounce around sometimes.
- If any member wants to contact the club then they should email a committee member and they will forward it out to the club distribution list.
- The club will be following the BSAC guide lines for Data Protection.
Equipment Officers Report
- Currently have 6 complete sets of kit along with a BC and regulator but no gauge or octopus. This has been down to a number of members selling or donating kit to the club
- Any members with spare kit that they no longer require and would like to donate please contact the equipment officer.
- As part of our commitment to training and member safety, all the club kit will go in for servicing, although it will be staggered to allow for training to continue.
- With the increase in members our financial situation is better than it has been in recent years.
- The pool hire is going to be increasing sometime soon although with the current membership this should be manageable so club subs will stay at the same level for this year.
- As with last year we will not be rolling over any deposits with skippers so that at the end of each season we have all monies in the branch.
Nominations and Elections
- There were a number of nominations for the committee this year but after all the votes were counted the only change was in the Training team where Brett became Training Officer and Clive became Assistant Training Officer.
After thanks to Teresa for the use of her Hall we retired to the Queen Vic for a post-meeting pint.